The first service of Gethsemane Lutheran Mission was held on October 6th, 1968 at the Women’s Club in Redondo Beach, California. We continued to worship there until August 31st, 1969. On the same day we chose to name our church Zion Lutheran Church. On September 7th, 1969 we started worshiping at the YMCA on Sepulveda Blvd in Torrance where we stayed until August 6th, 1972. Beginning August 13th, we moved our worship service to Halverson & Leavell Mortuary Chapel on Cravens Ave in Torrance. On July 17, 1970 Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church of Torrance, CA received its Articles of Incorporation. Three years later, in 1973, Zion dedicated its first worship facility at 1001 W 223rd St in Torrance, CA where we still worship today. From 1986 until 2012 Zion also operated a Lutheran Elementary School on its lower level. Sadly the school was closed at that time and has not reopened. However, Zion still worships weekly at our current site and is committed to sharing Jesus with our community.